Businesses, celebrities, and even influencers are more and more actively looking for a PR Agency that would help them advance their reach and influence. This is because PR Agencies have the power to shape how the public views you and you surely wanna be seen by the world in a good light.
The foundation of any good relationship is built on trust and mutual respect. The same is also needed when it comes to the client-agency relationship. But how can you, as a client, build a strong working relationship with your PR Agency?
Here are several tips to get you started in taking the important steps towards establishing a good working partnership with your PR Agency.
1. Manage your PR Agency like a true partner – When you connect with a PR Agency, put in mind that it is not just you hiring someone to work for you but it is a partnership that needs to be established and nurtured. Treat your PR Agency like how you wanna be treated. Show genuine care to the PR Agency Team. Be authentic and extend your kindness and support. Engage with the team and find a common ground. This gesture will greatly be appreciated by the PR Agency and in return will show the same genuine care for you and your business needs.
2. Provide clear goals and objectives – One critical step in order to establish and develop a good working relationship with your PR Agency is setting up clear goals and objectives. This is pivotal to ensure that both parties are on the same page. This would also enable the PR Agency to clearly map out plans and strategies to help you out with your PR needs. In addition, setting up clear goals would help avoid possible issues in the future and will aid in expediting the entire process and implementation.
3. Build a culture of accountability – Accountability is defined by the Webster’s Dictionary as “the quality or state of being accountable; an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility for one’s actions.” Accountability is a desired trait for your partnership as it is an important factor to ensure the successful accomplishment of your PR needs. Both you and your PR Agency should be accountable for each of your actions and decisions. Being accountable empowers both parties to act correctly, responsibly, and professionally. It also minimizes the likelihood of committing mistakes and boosts productivity.
4. Establish open communication lines – Communication has always been important in any partnership and its importance cannot be overstated. Creating a culture where communication is open between you and your PR agency to exchange ideas, comments, and suggestions will build up the relationship. Both parties should be encouraged to freely speak up and share ideas because when good ideas are steadily flowing, it results in a more efficient and productive work. You and your PR Agency should be open to giving and receiving feedback and constructive criticism. This is essential to improving processes and bridging the gaps to guarantee that the partnership is running like a well-oiled machine. Having open communication also decreases the probability of conflicts to arise as issues can easily be raised, discussed, and resolved. Keeping communication lines open engenders trust and promotes healthy client-agency relationships.
5. Encourage collaboration – Your partnership with your PR Agency is a collaborative relationship. Collaboration entails both parties sharing ideas to come up with concrete and effective plans and working on solutions to problems and hurdles that will be met along the way. Collaboration promotes teamwork. Teamwork results in productivity.
Overall, the working relationship between a client and its PR Agency is one that should be beneficial and healthy to both parties. Healthy working relationships result in increased productivity and overall performance.
Be sure to apply these surefire tips when onboarding your PR Agency for a fruitful and enriching client-agency relationship.