Just like in any relationship, TRUST is a very important factor to consider and develop. The same criteria is of HIGH IMPORTANCE when you are on the lookout for a PR Agency to help you get the mileage that you need.
But how can you evaluate the trustworthiness and credibility of a PR Agency before you hire them?
Here are 7 ways to help you do just that:
1. Look into their case studies. One way to look into the integrity of a PR Agency is through their case studies. You can always request for their case studies that will help you further evaluate how well they have performed and delivered based on the metrics and objectives laid out by their past and existing clients. Case studies are a great help to show you if the PR Agency has over-delivered or under-delivered on their services.
2. Check with their past clients. This is a very practical way to check on how well a PR agency handles their clients. You can simply ask the PR Agency for a list of their previous clients or check their website if they will not give you the list, since they would normally publish their previous clients on their website. From there, you can reach out to those companies and probe how the relationship with the PR Agency has been.
3. Get to know the team. Taking the time to learn more about the people that will be involved in the team to handle your PR needs will benefit you more than you think. Getting to know the people behind the team will give you that confidence and assurance that you have the best people you need to help you with your PR goals.
4. They have your PR needs in mind. Your prospective PR Agency should not only know your PR needs but they should also understand those. It’s very important that a PR Agency understands what you need because when they do, they can clearly map out a plan and strategy to meet those needs. It will also avoid critical errors in the future due to the PR Agency’s failure to understand what it is that you really need and want.
5. They will help you fully understand their strategy. It is very critical that the PR Agency will be able to walk you through their strategy, the timeline, and the specific steps needed to achieve your PR Goals. They should be transparent to you to ensure that everyone is aligned with the process. This will establish the trust between both parties knowing that both parties have been informed of the entire plan.
6. They don’t always say “YES” to what you want. A credible PR Agency knows when to say “NO” when needed. This is not because they can’t do what you want them to do but instead they know of other ways on how to achieve your PR goals. A PR agency would say “NO” to some of your requests because based on their experience it would only turn out badly. An experienced PR Agency should know how to advise their prospect clients or existing clients on what to do and what not to do. You’ll be thankful for their “NO” as it will save you a lot of trouble in the future.
7. They will inform you of the best and worst-case scenario. Reliable PR Agencies will let their prospect clients know of what could be the best or worst possible outcome. Through this, expectations can be managed and back up plans can be put in place. Forecasting is critical to make better decisions should a problem arise.
Be sure to take on these helpful steps so you are assured to get the best PR Agency to trust and partner with.